Sunday, May 11, 2008

New Amsterdam Cancelled

Several sources – although none of them from Fox, say that New Amsterdam has been cancelled. Even without Fox’s confirmation, I consider this information to be true, seeing that Fox wasn’t getting stellar ratings from New Amsterdam. So, it appears rather than John's one true love making him mortal and vunerable to death, it appears the real culprit was Fox.

Hopefully, though, this will mean that we will see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau appear on some other show soon. He seems to be very talented and also has a great presence – and I hope someone will snap him up soon.

Complete episodes for New Amsterdam can still be found here at Hulu.com.


OK - one more view, for the road:



My New Amsterdam blog home page can be found
here.

2 comments:

John T. Folden said...

I have received word from David Manson this morning that confirms it. FOX has officially canceled the series as of yesterday. To quote from his email:

"Yes. Unfortunately, I received word yesterday that Fox has officially cancelled NA. I know this will be a disappointment to the many fans who campaigned so ardently for its renewal. I can only express my gratitude for their passion and hope that perhaps some other network will let John Amsterdam live.

And my thanks to you as well.

Best,

David"

I normally wouldn't quote an entire email outright but I feel this is a message for all of us, every loyal fan.

While chances may be slim, there is still a possibility that Regency Television could find another home for the show. However, time is in short supply as actors and crew will eventually find other work.

I think it would be worth the price of a stamp to let Regency know you support the show and would like to see more of it.

Regency Television Productions Inc
4024 Radford Ave Bldg 19
Studio City, CA 91604-2101

Tel: (818) 655-5562


I think it's, also, advisable to let FOX know - POLITELY - that you think their decision is a mistake. I recommend EVERYONE giving FOX a call on the Viewer Comment Line and letting them know you want to see more of John Amsterdam on your TV screens next season.

The telephone number to dial is: 310.369.3066

If you have postcards or letters you still want to send, please try to get them out this week.

Kevin Reilly
President of Entertainment, FOX
10201 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035

You may wish to send a second card, indicating your support to:

New Amsterdam
P.O. Box 900
Attn: FOX BROADCASTING Publicity Dept.
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900

You can, finally, email FOX (but please do one or both of the above first) at: askfox@fox.com

New Amsterdam said...

John, thank you for the information. I know that you've invested a lot of time in this show with your own site and with the message board. I appreciate the detail you've given on what can be done to help raise awareness to others that there are fans out there and maybe the show can find life elsewhere!